Position: Communication Specialist
Company: Dinovate Solutions
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: Full time
Dinovate Solutions is a strategic and development communication firm based in Abuja. We create disruptive solutions and innovative ideas that help transform our clients’ brands. We have worked with the government, international organizations, donors, and non-governmental organizations to create campaigns that increase public awareness on key issues. We provide a full suite of communications support to our clients, which includes branding, public relations, filmmaking and documentaries, media relations, advertising, digital communications, event communications, etc.
We are looking for a self-motivated and talented communications specialist to lead all our project communications. He or she will be tasked with overseeing all our internal and external communications, ensuring our message is clear, consistent, and engaging. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with brilliant presentation and organizational skills.
The Communication Specialist will be engaged to support all Dinovate’s project portfolios. Under the direct supervision of the Project Director, the Communication Specialist will support the implementation of project communication strategies for diverse clients, support communication policy and knowledge management activities that will strengthen the promotion of project interventions, raise awareness, and facilitate information sharing, while using modern, innovative communication tools.
Scope of Work:
- Developing and implementing communication strategies and plans for various development projects and initiatives
- Writing and editing content for a variety of materials and channels, including social media, websites, and print materials
- Coordinating with external partners and stakeholders to ensure effective communication of project activities and outcomes
- Lead the development, finalization, and dissemination of the appropriate project communications products, including websites, newsletters, news stories, press releases, fact sheets video stories, etc., as assigned by the management
- Managing the company’s social media accounts and website, including creating and publishing content, analyzing metrics, and engaging with followers and visitors
- Providing support for the organization’s events and campaigns, including coordinating logistics, creating promotional materials, and managing media relations
- Conducting research and analysis to inform communication strategies and tactics
- Providing communication training and support to project staff and partners
- Perform other duties as assigned by the management.
Required Experience and Skills:
- University degree in journalism, communications, or other related fields (master’s degree is an asset)
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience performing tasks similar to the required job position
- A proven ability to use creative and effective communication tools
- Evident experience in liaising and cooperating with media journalists, government officials, NGOs and the private sector
- Previous experience with the international development or civil society sectors is a strong asset
- Excellent computer literacy (MS Office; Windows, and the Internet); excellent communications, report writing and analytical skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Resume and Portfolio to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail not later than January 7, 2023.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates.